In this edition of Save Linley's Hidden Ridge Campaign News:
- Petition Signatures Now at 2,200+
- CONFIRMED City Council to Vote on December 18th
- Contacting Council and Attending the Council Meeting
Petition Update - Spread the Word
2,200 Signatures and Growing
We have a stack of paper petitions and a long list of online petitions already in hand for Council on Monday. However, to make the biggest impact on City Council we encourage everyone to share this blog as we make a last appeal for petition signatures.
Confirmed City Council to Decide on December 18th
Calling nature loving citizens?
We are now at a critical point in the Campaign to Save Linley's Hidden Ridge. Nanaimo Council will meet on Monday, December 18th, and will decide either to reject or approve the OCP Amendment Application for the Linley Valley Hidden Ridge properties.
We are hoping that we can count on you, our Save Linley's Hidden Ridge supporters, to attend the Council meeting on 18th December to show City Council that Nanaimo citizens care about protecting what land remains in this urban wilderness.
Save Linley's Hidden Ridge campaign believes that protecting the integrity of Linley Valley and its parks is of the utmost urgency. This Valley contains rare ecosystems and species at-risk, and provides our City with irreplaceable ecological services and recreational opportunities. Not to mention that removing these lands from the Urban Reserve goes against OCP policy and does not address Nanaimo's real housing needs.
How YOU CAN support SLHR at council on Monday, December 18
- Come to the Council Meeting - let's fill the auditorium (Agenda & Location)
- Have your voice heard - apply to appear as a delegation or have your questions answered (click here for details)
- Write, Email and phone the Councillors and Mayor at Mayor&Council@Nanaimo.ca (see City contact page)
- Sign the Petition if you haven't already done so, and encourage your friends and neighbours to do the same.
To learn more about the proposed development visit the Save Linley's Hidden Ridge website visit www.savelinleyshiddenridge.org