In this edition of Save Linley's Hidden Ridge Campaign News:
- Council Meeting Details & Agenda
- Save Linley's Hidden Ridge Delegation & Presentation
- Save Linley's Hidden Ridge Report to Council
- How you can show your support to Save Linley's Hidden Ridge
Your Support is Needed at City Council Monday
City Council will meet to decide on the fate of Linley Valley:
Monday, December 18th @ 7:00 pm
Vancouver Island Conference Centre
80 Commercial Street, Nanaimo
Save Linley's Hidden Ridge is asking all supporters to attend to show Council that you do not support this OCP Amendment Application or the development of these properties.
Save Linley's Hidden Ridge Delegation
Four delegates from the Save Linley's Hidden Ridge campaign will make a presentation to City Council about:
- the results of the public campaign and petition;
- how this application contravenes OCP policy;
- the inadequacies in the Developer's Application;
- neighbourhood concerns about traffic and safety; and
- the irreplaceable ecological and cultural value of Linley Valley and its Parks
We will also present to Council a way forward to protect Nanaimo's gem - Linley Valley.
Save Linley's hidden Ridge Report
Save Linley's Hidden Ridge team summarized their research and analysis, the results of the petition campaign and the reasons why this application should be rejected in a report delivered to each Councillor on December 8, 2017. We invite you to review the report by clicking on the button here.
How YOU CAN support SLHR at council on Monday, December 18
- Come to the Council Meeting - let's fill the auditorium (details above)
- Have your voice heard - apply to appear as a delegation or have your questions answered (too late - deadline has passed)
- Email and phone the Councillors and Mayor at Mayor&Council@Nanaimo.ca (see City contact page)
- Sign the Petition if you haven't already done so, and encourage your friends and neighbours to do the same. Sharing is caring.
To learn more about the proposed development visit the Save Linley's Hidden Ridge website visit www.savelinleyshiddenridge.org